Do you need to register for the 2019-20 school year?
Posted on July 12th, 2019
Are you new to our school division?
If you are new to our school division, you will need to register your child for the 2019-20 school year. If your child attended an NGPS school last year and is returning to an NGPS school this year, they are already automatically registered for the 2019-20 school year.
If you are unfamiliar with the school your child may be attending you can view the Division Map to identify your location, and Our Schools for school details and contact information. Over the summer months, you may register your child in person through the Division Office at 4816-49 Avenue, Whitecourt or contact the office to make arrangements at 780.778.2800, Toll Free at 1.800.262.8674, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information is required for registration:
- Completed 2019-2020 Student Registration Form;
- Proof of the students’s age and legal name. Documents accepted are: birth certificate, adoption certificate, student authorization visa, Canadian citizenship papers, passport, or permanent landed immigrant/residence documentation;
- Notification of special medical conditions or medications for the student;
- House number and street address if residence is in a town or city; legal land address if residence is on a farm or acreage;
- Home and business telephone numbers;
- Name and address of child’s previous school (students moving into NGPS).
The first day of school for students is September 3, 2019!
Download the 2019/20 school year calendar here!
If you live more than 2.4 km from your designated school, your child is eligible for school bus transportation. Please visit our Busing and Transportation page for details and the 2019-20 Transportation Registration Form.